Have a few minutes off in between sessions? The Convention Center's terraces overlook San Diego Bay and are the perfect place to soak up San Diego's abundant sunshine. There is also an observation deck if you want linger a little longer surrounded by some of the most spectacular waterfront views the city has to offer.
The exterior of the building boasts several original art works including a sculpture by renowned artist Niki de Saint Phalle entitled, Coming Together, and a work by Leonardo Nierman called "Flama De La Amistad," a gift from the Government of Mexico presented to the people of San Diego as a gesture of friendship.
If you have more time, you've come to the right city. In fact, we've listed the ten top reasons why you're luck to be meeting in San Diego to give you ideas about how to spend your free time.
- Sunshine and more sunshine. Our weather can't be beat. That means an average daily temperature of 70 degrees F., more than 300 days of sunshine per year and refreshing breezes rolling off the Pacific Ocean. Spend some time outside.
- More than 70 miles of pristine beaches -- these are the beaches that Southern California is known for the world over. You can't go wrong soaking up some sun or wiggling your toes in the sand. (Don't forget your sunscreen, you'll need it.)
- A five-star dining scene that makes the San Diego a top restaurant destination for food-lovers. Whatever type of cuisine your palate desires, San Diego has it.
- San Diego's dazzling nightlife options are endless. Dance the night away or sip a cocktail across the street from the Convention Center in one the Gaslamp Quarter's happening clubs.
- Relax at a luxurious hotel and resort with breathtaking city and ocean vistas. Take your pick -- urban chic or seaside elegance, some of the world's best accommodations are right here in San Diego. You may never want to leave.
- Explore the neighborhoods. San Diego offers an extraordinary variety of vibrant neighborhoods, each with its own distinct personality. It's like visiting six or seven cities in one.
- Museums, theater and art. Culture abounds in San Diego including Balboa Park, one of the nations' largest parks. You'll find 15 museums, more than 85 cultural organizations, performing arts and an ever-changing calendar of museum exhibitions, plays, musicals and concerts.
- Unsurpassed fun and attractions. When you come to San Diego, a world of fun and adventure is just around the corner. For starters, there's the world famous San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld San Diego (home of Shamu!), LEGOLAND California and the Wild Animal Park.
- Are you ready for a serious shopping spree? San Diego is a shopper's paradise, with upscale malls, specialty boutiques, galleries, outlet centers and antique shops throughout the city.
- The San Diego Convention Center! Whether you're here for a large convention or a small meeting, the San Diego Convention Center is the best place for your event. We're here to make your stay in San Diego unforgettable. If you need assistance or information, feel free to contact us at anytime.